Please see our Careers page for application details
Under general supervision, performs a variety of work to keep buildings and grounds
clean, orderly, and safe. Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job duties.
Provide a full range of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation
of buildings and grounds including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, parking
lots and other community buildings.
- Participate in minor custodial activities involved in the beautification of grounds on a
daily basis, e.g. clean laundry room, and other park facilities, remove cobwebs, empty and
clean ash trays and cigarette urns, remove pet droppings, sweep walkways, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor plumbing and electrical problems; replace a variety of
light bulbs and lighting accessories.
- Operate a variety of machinery and tools including company vehicles, vacuums, mops,
buffer, vacuum cleaners, carpet machine, cleaning cloths, etc.
- Constantly observe condition of the community and immediately reports and/or initiates
action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Observe established company policies, procedures, goals and values
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, sweep, mop, vacuum, buff or wax floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash
containers; refill restroom dispensers.
- Pick up and dispose of waste and debris.
- Minor maintenance and repair of other areas of community as directed by supervisor.
- Opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed.
- Maintain equipment and supplies used to perform job.
- Inform supervisor when maintenance supplies are low.
- Drive a vehicle or walk from site to site to conduct work.
- Other duties as assigned.