Please see our Careers page for application details
Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and
repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment. Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job duties.
Provide a full range of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation
of buildings and grounds including, but not limited to:
- Must be ON CALL for emergencies by cell phone. Please read and acknowledge
Newport Pacific Capital Co.’s “ON CALL POLICY.”
- Participate in minor grounds maintenance activities involved in the beautification of
grounds and landscaped areas, e.g. clean laundry room, restrooms and other park
facilities, change light bulbs, remove cobwebs, sweep walkways, etc.
- Ensure safe pedestrian passage throughout Community particularly in adverse weather
conditions (e.g. clearing snow where required, salting, etc.)
- Attend to breakdowns in the power generators, water mains, water wells, pumps, etc.
and take corrective action as needed.
- Minor maintenance, such as cleaning of gutters, and repairs of other areas of
Community as directed by supervisor.
- Perform minor landscape work, e.g. weeding, watering, planting, mowing, edging,
trimming, pruning, etc.
- Clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps,
etc. and clean up spillages as required.
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings (e.g. tightening of screws on window hinges,
maintenance on door handles, minor repairs as a temporary measure after break-ins,
- Maintain pool in a clean and healthy manner, if allowed by local ordinance.
- Pick up and dispose of waste and debris including hauling and dump runs.
- Operate a variety of machinery and tools including grounds equipment, company
vehicles, and various hand and power tools.
- Observe established policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed.
- Maintain equipment and supplies used to perform job and inform supervisor when
maintenance or pool supplies are low.
- Assist in the transport and relocation of equipment and furniture as needed.