Please see our Careers page for application details
Landscape and/or maintain grounds of property using hand/power tools or equipment.
Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the
following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking,
pruning, and sprinkler installation. Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job duties.
Provide a full range of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation
of buildings and grounds including, but not limited to:
- Mows lawns, using power mower.
- Trims and picks flowers and cleans flower beds.
- Digs holes for plants, mixes fertilizer or lime with dirt in holes, inserts plants, and fills
holes with dirt.
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spreads straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
- Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hose, or watering
- Decorates garden with stones and plants.
- Applies herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers, and pesticides, using spreaders or spray
- Attaches wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Seeds and fertilizes lawns.
- Prepares and maintains vacant lots.
- Builds forms and mixes and pours cement to form garden borders.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Opens, closes, locks, unlocks facilities as needed.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Maintains supplies used to perform job and inform supervisor when supplies are low.
- Assists in the transport and relocation of equipment as needed.
- Drives a motor vehicle from site to site to conduct work.